Aprilaire makes sure your home's air is as clean, healthy and comfortable as it can be.
With all the maintenance there is to do around your house it's easy to lose focus on the state of your home's air. Your indoor air quality is also probably one of the last things you think about, if you think about it at all, when you're building or remodeling your home. But in reality, few things are more important when it comes to your family's health and comfort then your home's air, especially considering that's where most of us spend at least a third of our day.
Easily installed in new or existing heating and cooling systems, Aprilaire whole-house solutions work invisibly, silently and automatically to treat the air in your entire home.
Enhance your Comfort
Your home's temperature isn't the only thing that can affect your comfort:
Protect Your Family's Health
- Too little humidity can cause uncomfortable and even painful static shocks, sore throats and dry skin while too much humidity can make you feel sticky, and your air stuffy – robbing you of a good night's sleep.
- Musty smells and lingering odors due to the lack of proper home ventilation can also affect you and your family's comfort level.
- Hot and cold spots throughout your home make you uncomfortable in certain rooms or areas, such as your basement in the winter or upstairs bedrooms in the summer.
Different types of pollutants in your home can affect the health of your family including:
Lower Energy Costs
- Airborne, virus-sized particles and irritants such as respirable dust and pollen spores.
- Biological contaminants including mold spores, dust mites, viruses and bacteria.
- Gases, vapors and odors from gas appliances, furniture glues and finishes, new carpeting, cleaning products, pesticides, paint, perfumes and more.
Aprilaire whole-home products were designed with energy efficiency in mind:
Preservation and Protection of Your Home and Your Belongings
- Aprilaire programmable thermostats can save you up to 30% on your heating and cooling bills a year. As part of a Zoned Comfort Control system, the savings can be even greater.
- Whole-house air cleaners by Aprilaire help maintain the efficiency of your central heating and cooling system by eliminating the build-up of dirt, dust and other pollutants. These pollutants can reduce your system's efficiency by as much as 25%, increase maintenance calls and lead to premature failure of your heating and cooling system.
- Aprilaire humidifiers and dehumidifiers can make the air feel warmer and cooler respectively allowing you to adjust your thermostat to lower and higher settings, saving you on energy costs.
Poor indoor air quality can cause a variety of harmful effects to both your home and belongings:
- An overly humid indoor environment can lead to the growth of biological contaminants including mildew on carpeting and draperies, wet stains on walls and ceilings, paint failure and warping woodwork.
- Too dry of an indoor environment can lead to wood shrinkage, instruments falling out of tune and cracking drywall and plaster.
- Musty smells and lingering odors can not only make you uncomfortable, they can infiltrate and "stick" to every porous surface, including your carpeting, drapery and other textiles.
Whether you're indoor air issue is comfort, health, energy or protection and preservation related – Aprilaire has a whole-house solution that can help. Contact your local Aprilaire dealer to find out which Aprilaire product is best for your family and your home.