These Aprilaire Products Can Help:
Dust: it's tiny, nearly invisible—and slowly destroying your home.
Dust can be found in every home-including your mother-in-law's-but what exactly is it? Dust is a substance that results from the decomposition of things inside your home. Dust also penetrates your home from the outside, entering through doors, windows and other openings. The actual composition of dust varies from home to home and sources can be either organic or inorganic.
The following sources of dust are found in most homes-likely your home:
- Dust mites and their feces
- Dead insects
- Mold spores and Pollen grains
- Human and pet hair and dander
- Textile and Insulation fibers
- Dirt and Sand
Most people think of dust as an unsightly nuisance. It's ever-present and leads to the perception that your house is "dirty". Dust can also be a costly nuisance, contributing to the premature failure of expensive furnishings inside your home. But accumulated dust is not just an eyesore. It can lead to a wide range of problems, including:
- Overheating of computers and other temperature sensitive electronics
- Scratching of camera lenses and TV screens
- Destruction of the internal components of CD and DVD players
- Impaired performance for audio speakers and stereo components
While no home is ever completely free of dust, Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaners control it like nothing else. They remove up to 94% of the dust in your home, significantly reducing visible dust and cleaning time, along with incidences of respiratory irritation.
Build Green, Live Green